Arghhh... I have been frustrated about this for the longest time. What I cannot understand is why there are some people who cannot understand my plea. Well it all began with MIL moving in with us. Of course I didn't have much say in this but my only request was that she was to have her own maid. Because with my little boy running around and being his curious toddler self I can't have one maid look after two "babies". So initially all was fine because MIL came with her own maid, but then came November when the maid had to be sent back, I have been crossing and praying that nothing untoward happens to my little boy since then as we are just managing with one help. Its terrible for the help, as MIL does not sleep thru the night, she roams around and talks to get her orientation right, its all well and fine with her because she can sleep thru the morning and afternoon but what about the help that has to look after my toddler in the morning and afternoon?????? I mean they are help but they are not robots. I was told not to worry and just let it be because we are paying her quite alot of money and therefore she should just do the job. But how much money can you pay a human being to be perfect ? Are you willing to take the risk and put your dear ones life at stake? How much money can replace my little one's life?
So because I found that I cannot talk about this to DH because it is a sensitive subject, I thought I may bring this topic up to other people who may understand especially when the story of the young 4 year old who fell to her death from the 11th floor came to the news, the little girl was brought dead to the emergency department here where I work. I put it lightly to the people concerned but all I got was condescending remarks that taking care of elderly is tough. To translate - that's your luck so suck it!
Now as my new help is approaching ( I have to give up the current help as she has her own drawbacks and my parents have been troubled enough without help for almost a year) I am feeling stressed and all the reservations are rushing into my head and heart.
I wonder if my little toddler can take to this new help, and how this new help is gonna cope with all the tasks she has to do..........
Its times like this that I wish I can talk to DH and not get a reply, things will work out. Its times like this that I wish I can be a kid again and run and play. I hate being an adult! But then again, maybe I am just exaggerating things and stressing out over nothing..... or then again maybe I am just being a mother........
Whatever it is I just pray for some reprieve that God would look into my challenges and grant me a break somewhere or somehow.... divine intervention!
Monday, April 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment