Feels like its been ages since I last blogged.... but here goes.
February was a good month, a month of small little achievements. Firstly I finally joined the gym. Been wanting too do that for the longest time but well, procrastination is the theive of time!!! So I went as a spur of the moment with lots of thoughts of regrets after paying up and signing up... but I bravely put a good front and started on the 1st!!! So far I have been quite regular for the month, going around twice a week and trying to push myself to the limit..... I realised now its no more about losing weight or toning.... albeit those are important goals of mine .... but its just the small satisfaction that I had pushed myself to the limit - doing the extra set of triceps evercise or the extra 5 seconds of running when you feel like your heart was just going to jump out of your throat.
Second, since I have been preparing for my Part 1 postgraduate exam..... small achievement also.... managed to learn alot in the past month.... hopefully enough to pass the exam..... but if I don't , no problem, setbacks are part of growing!
Third, one cycle over and still BFN, but no big deal. I still get the tiny wave of optimisim followed by the disappointment but I pick myself up a little faster this time. Trying to get immune to this but I doubt I'll ever.
My cycle has just begun and we are trying again this time, my OBGYN says same regimen and probably everything will be similar to the last one, but hopefully it sticks...... my hubby still asks me if I still have hope if the IUI will work but I just replied it doesn't matter, if it doesn't we will try again until my dr suggests another level..... so maybe that is another small achievement, that I have passed the stage of obsession.
End of February, ended with a bang. Had a clash with a megabitch of my department and another small achievement....... stood up for myself and told her straight in her face what I thought of her rather than my usual - just keep quiet and let it fester and bitch about it later!
So, lesson learned from all this, cherish the small achievements as they will be the little cobblestone in your path to greater glory!
Wednesday, February 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment